Re: [school-discuss] Render Farm finally working

700MB is a lot to stream from a school server!

FFMPEG can convert a video file from one format to another. By using as
lossy format that 700MB monster can be squished into a youtube size
package.

For that matter, use YouTube! They have bandwidth and storage and will
convert the video on the fly to their output format (H.264 for the high
resolution I think).

My son did a stop motion video project (he's 10). The final file was
about 60MB. The upload to youtube makes a much easier to handle way for
people to see it.
(for those interested in stop motion and Cinellerra:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lwS4aubHoY  He had a lot of fun.)

--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering