Re: [school-discuss] Semi-OT: No "Scratch" on iPad

Sorry, but the number of developers who will take the moral high
ground at the expense of potential income is vanishingly small.
If it weren't, Microsoft would never have gained such a stranglehold
on the market.

The funny thing is that all those developers seeking income by
developing for Windows and not MacOS hasn't caused Apple to change their
ways in the slightest.  So unless practically all developers abandoned
the iPhone/iPad platform, Apple has no incentive to change.  This makes
the basic point of the Wired article (which I take to be that it is
unfortunate Apple's strict control over iPad apps denies children of
some very useful learning tools) valid.  Regardless of the security
and/or market control issues (and you're being naive if you think
Apple's policies aren't 95+% guided by market control rather than
security concerns).

-Don