[school-discuss] One Tablet Computer Per Child?

Marilyn wrote:
>I burned Sugar on CDs and played with them in class
>for a week this spring.  As you probably know, Sugar
>is the OS on the One Laptop Per Child project
>(sugarlabs.org).  It is free and fabulous and has
>collaborative story building features in it.  My high
>school kids had a blast with Sugar.

Speaking of OLPC . . . Do any of you have info on the
alleged iPad-style machine that is supposedly going
to be the next generation? Some of the conflicting
rumors are about whether Sugar will still be the OS
when the hardware finally emerges.

In any case, I hope that a radically new OLPC box will
mean dirt-cheap old ones floating around. My youngest
niece (well below high school age) would probably have
a blast with one too.

Joel