[school-discuss] free-bsd compatible laser printers

Title: free-bsd compatible laser printers

hi all,
I am trying to decide on an inexpensive laser printer to choose for our soon-to-be free BSD network in a K-6 school. While the old standby, HP laserjet IIIP has been recommended to me (to get, one by one, on EBay (we need about a dozen)), and I understand that that may offer the best combination of low price/reliability, I am wondering if anyone has used one of the following machines with free BSD, especially in a school setting, and what your experience has been:

Samsung ML-1210 or 1430
Brother HL 1440

or any other relatively inexpensive laser printer.

any help you can give would be most appreciated!
thanks,
Sarah Strauss