[school-discuss] Announce Gcompris Release 4.1

Just made a new release of gcompris named 4.1.

In 4.0 we included the first usable activity developped using the python
bindings in gcompris. This showed how great it works and how easy it is now to
develop in gcompris. Hope some will take this opportunity.

Here is the description of the water cycle activity in python:
http://www.ofset.org/gcompris/boards/fun/watercycle_en.html

As for 4.1 release, there as been many improvement in the vector drawing
activity. They can now rotate and flip images and items. That's the only
vector drawing activity (including proprietary windows software) that I know
to be targeting kids.
It's excellent, I moved my older son (10 years old) from gcompris to sodipodi
without trouble, he knew all the concept, just the buttons changed.

Even with 40 different activities, gcompris maybe looks like a complete
education application.

Not to me. We can and must go further there is many activity missing that
could help schools and kids all over the worlds.

We also miss an integrated reporting system so that it will be easy for
their teachers to monitor whad kids are doing well or bad in the school
computer lab.

With gcompris, we already created a top level education application that makes
most prorietary applications useless and inferior.

Hope to see you soon on the gcompris mailing list ;)

Bruno.