Re: [Ossi] Re: [school-discuss] The end of Red Hat support - Novell/SUSE

Tim, I didn't mention the fact that they're anxious to learn everything and they have a couple of groups charged with internalizing OSS in the company and among their resellers. IBM did the same thing in their year 2000 initiative, spending most of that year promoting internally before promoting externally. I had the good fortune in participating in that effort.

I did notice a difference. The IBM teams learned about Linux because they had to do so. The people at Novell have a high level of curiosity and seem self propelled.

wookie@osdl.org wrote:
I've talked to them face to face. I also had dealings with
the old Novell and they really are two different companies.

I have to say that so far my conversations with them make
me feel that they understand how Linux works. (Its development
model and value proposition for the OS.)
Tim