RE: [Ossi] Re: [school-discuss] Re: Novell/SUSE

For three years, since discovering open source software
through Linux, I
have explored various distributions with an emphasis on
desktop
functionality (for technically 'average' users). My
favorites have tended
to be SUSE w/ KDE and Red Hat Ximian Desktop.

My main problems with either of these was the package
management
functionality...SUSE's Yast is no apt-get, and Ximian's
update required a
fee for decent download speeds. This led me to Libranet
and Xandros, both
fine distros in my opinion.

Now I do not know what to think with:
1. SUSE and Ximian on the same side.
2. Fedora now with a decent package manager (so I've heard
in these posts).

I think it great to have choices...and exciting to see the
evolutions
continue!

jeff hannon