Re: [school-discuss] The end of Red Hat (maddog's take)

El jue, 06 de 11 de 2003 a las 23:08, Leon Brooks escribió:

> > Gets their support from members of their church, or from members
> > of their club in their retirement home. In worst possible case they
> > go down to their local PC store, who does not know much (if
> > anything) about Linux.
>
> Only this part makes any sense, and I'd be so bold as to claim that
> while there is clearly less Linux support available from such sources,
> at the moment the support you do get would almost certainly be of a
> higher quality, less ritualistic nature.
>
> Cheers; Leon

Then, I think we are missing the point, we shouldn't go for "Linux in
School", but "Linux in the retirement houses", or do we want to miss the
"(Windows) Lost Generation"?

Does Linux crash when an email with an (virus) attachment is read, using
evolution, kmail, pine... ? No, it doesn't. Is there any clearer proof
of user-friendliness?

With an ultra-journal system, robust even the user _always_ turn off the
computer kicking the electrical cord  the computer is attached to; and
when it does start, it always shows a browser and evolution, it'd be
easier than windows for grandpas.

"The grandma" distro. Since the population is aging, schools are not
enough, grandsons and grandpas must chat about their Linux knowledge!

Anctartica is calling !
--
mga