Re: [school-discuss] Announce gcompris Release 4.2

Le dim 30/11/2003 à 14:47, David M. Bucknell a écrit :
> Congratulations, Bruno. Will download. Let us know what you need for help.

Well, gcompris includes an inline help mecanism.

For each activity, you can describe prerequisite, goal and manual.
Many activities have these fields empty or poorly filled.

This should be better documented so that a teacher can real fast
understand of course how to use the activity but what it is about in
'teacher words': what it really teaches.

This is what will close the gap between the gcompris toy and the
gcompris educational tool.

For this, I can't help. I am not a teacher but I know for sure it's now
were we are bad.

Technically speaking, in gcompris there is a directory called boards
usually installed in /usr/share/gcompris/boards/*.xml. These are the
activity menus and inline help. They are XML based and it's just a
matter to fill the text in.

To do this, you need to edit the .xml.in file from a gcompris tar ball
(in boards/*.xml.in), you will find the same files as
usr/share/gcompris/boards/*.xml but they are english only.

Bruno.