Re: [school-discuss] Call for open-source interested/active educators:Dissertation research

Alec Couros wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am about to embark on my dissertation research data-collection. For this, I am looking for K-12 educators who are involved in the use, development of and/or advocacy of free and open-source software. If you fit this description, and would be interested in sharing your experiences, please contact me. If you don't seem to fit this description, do you know anyone who does? Please let me know, or feel free to pass on this message to others. I could really use everyone's help on this. Please please. :-)

Participation will be done electronically, via email and online discussion boards. Possibly other methods depending on the group that is interested. There is not a lot of commitment (a few hours I am thinking), but I would certainly love to hear of your experiences.
Alex,

I am very excited about your research. I would like to offer to help put you in touch with the schools that we have donated computers to. Between our recipients and our volunteers, we have a rich supply of research fodder. So much so that my own Masters Thesis and eventual PhD are focused on researching the diffusion of this innovation called Open Source Software. I am at your service if needed.
Alec Couros
IT Coordinator - University of Regina
http://www.educationaltechnology.ca/couros
--scott