Re: [school-discuss] Student desktop machines: cleanup on logout?

An alternative that we use is when a student logs on their home directory is mapped to
an nfs mounted directory that they own on the server. In this mounted directory all the
user's information is storred including web history etc. This means that it does not matter
which machine that they use they get their entire account and nothing is saved on the
workstation at all. Any machine with a decent hard drive can act as your nfs server.
We use automount to initiate and terminate the nfs mount on login/out.
Regards,
Kim Perkins
Information Services Manager
Strathcona BGGS