[school-discuss] New Tuxpaint Slax Module

Hi Folks,

Among other things this weekend, I have gotten the time to create a new module
for Slax/EDU-Nix based on the new Tuxpaint 0.9.16 (
http://www.tuxpaint.org ).  I was unable to get that done before version 2
went final, but I know some folks are clamoring for it- the tux4kids/newbreed
software products are very popular in the primary school crowd.

I also have been populating the EDU-Nix SlaxCenter (
http://www.edu-nix.org/slaxcenter/ ) with some more of the modules that I
have generated over the last development cycle, including the ones that
didn't make the final release of Version II.

I have in the works some tutorials on remastering your own version of the CD
(on Windows no less, had to borrow my friend's laptop to do screenshots) and
creating your own modules from source code or Slackware packages.

I also have uploaded the Tuxpaint and the other new modules to the Slax
Modules page ( http://www.slax.org/modules.php ), so that the broader Slax
community can also take advantage of these programs. (Tuxpaint, GCompris and
Childsplay are all under Education Category)

A few other programs and websites have been brought to my attention as well, I
will be checking those out and creating links or modules as necessary.  At
this point, I am anticipating about a month or so of website
maintenance/updates and modules creation, then will begin planning and
development on the next EDU-Nix CD, the theme is "Militantly Cross-Platform",
with a hopeful January or early February release.

Thank you everyone for the feedback and support, so far Version II is a wild
success.  Any ideas or suggestions for the next CD are always welcome - from
software to include, to theme or graphics, to a catchy release name for the
next CD.

Thank You.

Regards,
Shane