Re: [school-discuss] Feedback from Georgia Educational Technology Conference and a thought

This is a very good point/idea.
I just did a 1.5 hour talk at a local technical school about Foss and how
it fit into the school system. One big question that I was asked a few
times was what about coerce material that they could teach or that could
aid them.

Also I volunteer for a group that takes old computers and make them
available to low income families. This is an existing project so we are
trying to get some of the old ways removed and new ways put in. There is
one guy up till now doing it in 2 centers. The computer comes with 40
hours of training which is a MS curriculum. That fine but the systems
going out will be 50% Linux and all will have OpenOffice and not MS
Office. As a result the curriculum is not the most appropriate. If there
was curriculum on Gnome and OpenOffice that would be very helpful.

Best regards,
-Richard Houston
-R.L.H.  Consulting
-E-Mail  rhouston@xxxxxxxx