Re: [school-discuss] K-Toon

U r a good man, Bill!

I was thinking the same thing last night ... it's well past a nascent planning phase, looked to be well ahead of its cousin project, Uira ( http://www.uira.org/  ). Very odd but it appears to me this tool's been languishing in the dark ...

It was hard to gauge exactly what features were in it (perhaps one of the problems w/ the project was communication w/ the public)... was Toonka a sample of what the tool could output? If so, then they had a lot of it already working ... judging only from the screenshots some of the UI had a very thorough look...

And judging from the demo's they had made quite a bit of progress w/ step animations ( their little pony anim ) & might even have had key framed vector/transform tweening working as well (not sure about that...).

See also's...
http://ktoon.toonka.com/documentation/index.php?title=Documentation_for_Users_%28Designers%2C_Animators%2C_etc%29

Selection Tool
Text Tool
Zoom Tool

They have a working CD-bootable ISO
http://www.b-loud.se/ktoon.iso << works as does Softpedia from the interview
http://astro.gsol.biz/ktoon/ktoon.iso.torrent [Torrent]
ftp://ftp.parquesoft.com/linux/graphics/ktoon/
ftp://gfif.udea.edu.co/Linux/ktoon/

...their bug reports didn't look too surprising (save early, save often, reminds me of early Flash 1.0 before Macromedia swallowed it...).

feel free to redistribute & get the word out...

/lee

Bill Kendrick <nbs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 09:30:35PM -0800, lee rodgers wrote:

> Geewhiz. :-(

I took the liberty of sending a news item to DesktopLinux.com about this.
I'm shocked that they'd kill the website, and that noone has offered to
keep the project alive. :^(

-bill!

======
/lee