[school-discuss] Re: one source for blog , pdf, and slide show

On 11/17/2013 02:03 PM, Michael Shiloh wrote:
Related to this is a problem I often have, and it occurred to me that others here may have faced, and solved, this issue:

I use a website (a blog actually) to organize all my lesson plans. I like the ease of updating (sometimes even in class) and the ease with which my students can access the material.

Sometimes I need to turn this into a presentation, but if I simply go through the blog it doesn't always fit properly on a screen. Worse, if I print it, page breaks come in random places.

I'd like to create one source and be able to produce these other forms from it in some coherent and pleasing manner.

Any suggestions?

I've been using mediawiki with the collection extension.

It helps if you can set up your own backend for the pdf generation.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Collection
http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/Mediawiki_collection_extension_installation

Generates PDFs quite well.