Re: [school-discuss] Web forum

Christopher Reed wrote:

> Were beginning to work with many web forum front ends. I would be very
> interested in the discussion that took place regarding the features
> necessary. Can you point me to the archives of that discussion?

I did a quick look but couldn't find that thread (it's in there
somewhere).  The main point of it was that whatever web forum software we
use would have to have bi-directional gatewaying to mailing lists, so
email posts to the mailing list would show up in the web forum and web
posts would show up on the mailing list.  In essence, both the mailing
list and the web forum would be "front ends" to the same discussion and
people could pick the interface they were most comfortable with.

Beyond that, it was all a beauty contest.

--
How valuable is my contribution?
Share your feedback at Affero: