Re: [school-discuss] Linux applications _you_ use in school

On 2002.10.17 10:33 Doug Loss wrote:
> SEUL/edu is working on creating a CD-ROM image of easily-installable
> Linux software that's useful in schools.  We have a listing of over
> 500 apps that are educational in some form, but not all of them are
> useful scholastically.  We're gradually going through the list and
> trying to separate out the ones to include in our image, but that's
> taking some time.
>
> One way for us to get a list of useful apps quickly is to ask people
> already using Linux in their schools just what applications they're
> running on Linux.

I teach geometry and advanced algebra in a Massachusetts high school.
Although my school does not run Linux in the classrooms, I use
xeukleides, Dr. Genius, octave, gnuplot and TEX (LATEX really, with
dvips, pdflatex and dvipdfm) to prepare materials for my students.

I hope this is useful to you even if it is not happening in school.

Yours,

Streph