[school-discuss] Recipes for universities that want to roll out Linux support

Hey folks,
after writing a "Why universities should support Linux" document
( http://www.kegel.com/linux/edu/ ) I volunteered to give a talk
about it, and quickly realized that anyone who came to that talk
would already be convinced.  Just telling them universities
*should* support Linux would bore the audience to tears; much
more interesting is *how* universities should go about supporting Linux.

My first two stabs at answering that question are

http://www.kegel.com/linux/pxe.html - how to boot and/or install Linux
over the network (potentially fully automatically in the middle of the night)

and

http://www.kegel.com/linux/edu/fileserving.html - how to provide
network file service to a campus of many thousands of people running
all kinds of operating systems

I still have to weave all that into a coherent "how-to" talk, but
at least now I have something to talk about :-)

Comments and suggestions about those pages welcome...

Thanks,
Dan