Re: [school-discuss] SIF versus other initiatives

"Matt R. Jezorek" <matt@bluelinux.org> wrote:

>I will take my comments from this forum now because apparently I see
>things in a different light then others do.

Please don't.  I think a working open-source ZIS would be quite useful.

I think the questions Tom has are useful to consider but for me they don't make a case against an open-source ZIS at all.

Are the SIF schemas an ZIS communication protocol specifications proprietary or open?

I do know that the development of new schemas seems to be a process limited to members ($$) of SIF.  This is unfortunate.

--

-- Stephen Bannasch
   Director of Technology, Concord Consortium