[school-discuss] Re: Shocking news about Microsoft's ability to kill Open Source

adelste@netscape.net said:
> This morning I discovered from a reliable source that we will not be
> invited back because Microsoft offered BU a Gold Partnership agreement
>  and marketing money to never "do this again".
                           ~~~~~

It has been a long time since I studied business law, but I seem to
remember that one part of a contract is a start time and an ending time,
that you can not pay money one time and expect that something will go on
"forever".  There has to be a terminating time or an escape clause. so
this is probably reversible, or at least could be canceled in the future.

I like the idea of writing an article about how this agreement came
about, but I need have to have confirmation from more than "a reliable
source" before accusing a "large, respected educational institution in a
north-east city" of selling its educational soul.

md
--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux(R) International

Board Member: Uniforum Association, USENIX Association

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several countries.
UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the US and other
countries.