Re: [school-discuss] Open-source alternatives

Personally, I think that the direction Linux will take in the school systems of the world is more akin to the country-based distros -- they will pick and choose from the panoply out there, create their own distribution reference CD-ROM and then distribute that CD widely for install on all machines.  We will see the Los Angeles Schools District Linux --LASDLinux, the CTKLinux (Christ the King school) the SINGLinux, etc.  AND WHY NOT?  So I think the days of pushing a commercial or general distro are over, except for maybe Sun, Novell, Redhat.  Skole!