Re: [school-discuss] [Fwd: Homework Assignments]

Hi,

There is another 'nascent' solution based on Open Admin for Schools. The current online daybook (which is still a toy/baby), stores homework information for teacher use.

The current parent/student gradebook viewing script can easily have the homework information added, so that students and parents can view current homework as well as grades and attendance.

However, this is a 'bit of work' to setup since you would need student and teacher info, subjects, subject enrollments, and scheduling information to make it all useful.

As well, the daybook needs more work to be generally useful to teachers... I use it now, but it needs a lot of work until I'll be happy with it.

You can view the teacher demo site with gradebook and daybook at:

http://bcst.richtech.ca

Les Richardson H. Hardcastle School Open Admin for Schools