[school-discuss] Downloads: Provide FTP or HTTP?

Hi All,

When providing downloads for open source software, is FTP a better solution for those with slow, unreliable connections? (ie. from the land of far, far away...)

I'm finding many attempts in my log files to download Open Admin and they only get part of the way through the file and fail and then try again (ie. 10+ tries to get the file).

Many FTP clients allow folks to continue from a certain part of the file (ie. recover), correct? (Sorry, I haven't done this stuff for quite a while... the Z-modem, telix era)

Any suggestions?

Les Richardson Open Admin for Schools