Re: [school-discuss] School Admin Software

Les Richardson wrote:

Yes, I continue to toil alone in the pit of software development for school admin software. And, yes, alone, little can be accomplished in a short time.

You're doing great Les. In Engineering you only get a maximum of two of the following three things: good, fast, cheap. We'll give up fast. Note that M$ does none of the three :-)

Say, it turns out that the middle school my daughter will be at next year is piloting TeacherEase this year. Pretty pricey stuff, $65 to $90 per teacher depending on volume. Here's what the school says they can do with it: "You can login and access your child's subjects, assignments, and progress. From time to time you may also receive email for good grades, missed assignments, behavior, etc."

Doesn't OpenAdmin do most of this too? The last item, automatic email to parents, is the only feature I think OA lacks, but is it on your roadmap? I'd like to offer the teacher who is coordinating the pilot the chance to try out OA as well.

Daniel

--
Daniel Howard
President and CEO