Re: [school-discuss] Linux Tablets?

On 2007/10/19, at 8:54, knowtree@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

"David M. Bucknell" <dbucknell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

take off. I have been watching OLPC closely. <http://laptop.org/> No
shortage of criticism for them, either, and those folks are MIT gurus.

Funny you should mention OLPC. I read your post just as I was about to beg the list for help in finding translators for documentation.

The documentation group has a document, and the deadline is ASAP. Ideally within a week. I have just started working with them and am still figuring out the terrain.

They asked for my help in finding translators for the following languages:

1st priority: es, pt, en, hi, am
es = spanish | pt = portuguese | en = english | hi = hindi | am = amharic (ethiopia)

2nd: ar, th, he, fr , ru
ar = arabic | th = thai  | he = Hebrew | Fr = French  ru = russian

Of course, the source doc is in English, so no translator needed there.

Does anyone have any interest or connections to people who have interest?

Micheal Cooper
Miyazaki International College