[school-discuss] [offtopic] Re: Future War - Sorry did I miss something? - yup

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 12:01:08PM -0700, Malc wrote:
> Sorry did I miss something. What has this to do with S'forge?

I think there _is_ some connection: those who might be more
prudent not to stick heads in sand could be also brave enough
to tell children that our problems are *us*, not *them*, most
of the time.  I've read one lengthy thread on airliners.net
on F-22 "vs" Sukhoi and MiG machines, and there was something
incredibly stupid in some of officers' comments: implication
that "Russians will invade us".  As if they've studied history
and knew what happened in 1943 last time of many times.

Yep, it's up to free software and plain old education as well
as up to urban battles, as seen in Iraq or Chechnya.

I've posted quite offtopic links to Paul Graham (who's likely
an IT/society philosopher by now) regarding geeks; maybe those
even had helped some children since then.  There are rare things
that are worthy offtopic in worthy communities... hope teachers
do have honor and tact to generally keep the line fine.

> --- Joel Kahn wrote:
> > Here are links to two of the most chilling documents that I
> > think you are likely to see:

Seen much worse being just 28. :-(

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>