Re: [school-discuss] Philosophy: Teachers with Admin Privileges or Not

On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 19:17 -1000, R. Scott Belford wrote:
> James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > Absolutely correct. If the parents had not done a bit of mutiny Atlanta
> > would not currently be the second largest installations of Linux systems
> > for student use in North America. Only the state of Indiana has more
> > Linux systems in front of students.
>
> That's a pretty big claim.  Not to detract from this fine discussion,
> but I think there could be a few other states with just as many, if not
> more.  It's good to recognize the outstanding work with the Atlanta
> schools, but let us not overlook the work of others, please.  Last time
> I checked, Oregon's school district was home to Eric Harrison and is the
> heart of the K12LTSP project.  In Hawaii people have been setting up Gnu
> Linux Edutainment Learning Centers for our statewide DOE, with their
> acceptance and support, for about 5 years now.

My bad. I left out the word "single" in reference to a school district.

Yes there are many other locations that have embraced the open source
process and are now reaping the benefits of that choice. My statistics
were based on a single phone conversation with another person who is
more linked to the K12LTSP development cycle than I am.

--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering

<jkinney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>