Re: [school-discuss] [Semi-OT] Tux Paint 0.9.18rc1 available

Note:  I love Tux Paint!!  I have been using it with my own children since they
were very small and they love it.  This is one of the great choices elementary
teachers should have.  :)

Marilyn

Quoting Bill Kendrick <nbs@xxxxxxxxx>:

> For those of you interested in "Tux Paint," my open source drawing program
> for young children ( http://www.tuxpaint.org/ ), I've rolled a tarball of
> what's currently in the CVS source repository.
>
> You can grab the source tarball of version "0.9.18rc1"
> ("release candidate #1" of the next version, 0.9.18)
> directly from here:

ftp://ftp.tuxpaint.org/unix/x/tuxpaint/testbuilds/source/tuxpaint-0.9.18rc1.tar.gz

> It weighs in at around 7.6MB.  It requires SDL, SDL_mixer, SDL_image,
> SDL_ttf,
> SDL_Pango, libpng, libpaper and probably a few other packages (and of course
> the packages THEY depend on).  Remember you'll need the "-devel" versions
> of the packages in question, too, to be able to compile Tux Paint from
> source.
>
> Please check it out and let me know if you have any issues or feedback!
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> -bill!
> bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx