Re: [school-discuss] cinelerra - Help!

Oh what fun. :(

What I see from the error message is one of several things:
a. cinelerra just got updated and they haven't posted all the new
requirements packages yet (check the version numbers with the one you
have working - rpm -qa | grep cinelerra)
b. You are using a different set of repositories between the two
machines (compare the directories /etc/yum.repo.d/ and make sure they
both have the same stuff included and activated/enabled)
c. you just flat got unlucky and caught the repo in the middle of an
upgrade so just try the whole thing again.

Cinelerra is a wickedly impressive application. It takes some serious
horsepower to use it to it's potential (think dual64-bit Athalon/Opteron
with 4+ GB RAM and a very solid hardware video acquisition card) of live
video editing. I have an SGI Octane with dual CPU and dual GPU and a
monster video IO card and cinelerra compiled for IRIX. Think CNN TV
screen with scrolling tickers and multiple talking heads...

--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering

<jkinney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>