Re: [school-discuss] Do Something Dot Org

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 08:38:26AM -0400, Casey Adams wrote:
> On this list, we all seem to discuss ideas, send things we
> think might be of interest, etc., but we do not seem to be
> taking any compelling action steps.

Hey, Joel might be a bit wishful but I think he tries to help
with what he can ;-)

> It seems if the entire population of this list got behind
> a good open source thing for schools and pushed together we
> could achieve some real change.

I've done a Linux terminal server distribution which can run
on a Pentium with 16M RAM acting as a thin client.

Unfortunately these efforts were much harmed by the recent
misdevelopment at Mandriva/Rosalab/PingWinSoft with Dmitry
Komissarov to blame (even if for being a tool for corrupt
ex-minister Leonid Reiman), we're struggling to find time
for an update but it's published: http://en.altlinux.org/LTSP

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>