[school-discuss] need advice on building multimedia software

I've been looking into building some programs from source such as
ffmpeg, sox, vlc, etc.  According to OpenDisc (
http://www.theopendisc.com/how-can-i-help/ ), they weren't too sure
about legal grey areas when it comes to distributing vlc.  Would like
to build these applications with only open codecs and open code.
However, I'm having trouble locating information on what should be
included and what should be left out.  Tried checking some of the FSF
libre distributions, but couldn't find any build scripts.  If anyone
has any ideas or knows of any references on this topic, would greatly
appreciate hearing about them.

By the way, we were talking about text-to-speech in an earlier post.
Ran across this for enabling flite in ffmpeg:
http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=701&sid=b1c88af2d5fb93f63fc74d0b12d0c367

At the moment I'm looking at the following flags for ffmpeg:
--enable-shared --enable-fontconfig --enable-libfreetype
--enable-bzlib --enable-zlib --enable-libass --enable-libbluray
--enable-libcaca --enable-libcelt --enable-libcdio --enable-libflite
--enable-libilbc --enable-libmodplug --enable-libopencv
--enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libschroedinger
--enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis
--enable-libvpx --enable-libxavs

If anyone sees any issues with them as far as not sticking to open
source, open codecs, etc., please let me know.  Any suggestions on
other libraries/flags that might be useful or flags/libraries that
should probably be removed would also be appreciated.

Thanks.
###