Re: [school-discuss] Dyslexia and Programming

Hello,
I strongly adivse -no, I oblige- every primary school teacher on this group to use Philip, 7 years old, telling about his work with Scratch:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1785

Reason:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/print/9231800/Microsoft_calls_for_5B_investment_in_U.S._education
Microsoft calls for $5B investment in U.S. education

If this doesn't trigger you :-)

Kind regards,
Dirk

Joel Kahn wrote:
If anyone is still interested in pursuing the topic of computer programming as a tool for helping with dyslexia and other issues, I'd recommend starting with Scratch. If there's anyone reading this who is not familiar with it, here's the site:

http://scratch.mit.edu/

Scratch has a user-friendly environment along with a huge diverse base of users and contributed programs. In addition, there have been a number of discussions related to disabilities in the Scratch forums.

Joel

###

###