[school-discuss] Re: [school-core] multilingual web platform

grahame.leon-smith@free-computers.org wrote:
Paola et al

This sounds like a great project and I will be only too pleased to help  in
any way I can !  Our registered charity, "Free Computers for Education"
sends free computers to schools all over the world, but Microsoft will not
allow us to install Windows free of charge, so we are keen to use Open
Source software instead.

I have forwarded your specification to a company I know that might well  be
able to provide the setup you require and will let you know their response.

Regards, Grahame
 Grahame Leon-Smith, Chairman of Trustees
Tel +44-1932-874303   Fax +44-1932-874068
         FREE COMPUTERS FOR EDUCATION
         Registered Charity No. 1059116
         PLEASE VISIT OUR WEB SITE AT
       < http://www.free-computers.org>
   and for further information just send a blank email to:
< mailto:free-computers-news-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

Hello Grahame,
	Linux is obviously the OS of choice in your case. Most distributions
contain not only the OS itself but _lots_ of good software for schools.

If you deliver free computers, just deliver them with Linux. It does not
cost you or the recipient. Just download a distribution from the
internet or ask someone who has bought a distribution with documentation
for less than 100€. He will give you a copy of the distribution for
free and he will do this without any legal complication.

Best whishes
Karl

--
Dr. Karl Sarnow