[school-discuss] Re: [IIEP] Delight and a request

Dear Susan D'Anton and all,

With all respect to UNESCO and its great initiative, I am a little
surprised about the list of discussants of your Internet forum on
"Open Course Content" (the attachment in your mail).

I highly appreciate the expertise of the discussants, as I very well
know their work in the field. However, in the framework of UNESCO I
would have expected a more culturally diverse group of experts to act
as discussants.

At the moment all the discussants under the title "provider
perspective" come from the United States of America and the
discussants under "user perspective" come from the so called "Third
World".

I am sure participants of this list could have pointed out many
experts around the globe that could act under the title "provider
perspective" and I am sure there are also many people in the
"developed world" - including me - who would have bee happy to
contribute under the title "user perspective" if the list of
providers would have been more diverse.

Yours Sincerely,

    - Teemu Leinonen