Re: [school-discuss] Approaching administration: ammunition needed

Check out http://richtech.ca/openadmin

In looking at the rediker website, you may be in for an uphill battle.
I am not sure all the administrative capabilities are matched.  It is
hard getting School admin folks to differentiate between their
requirements and desirements.

Once you know what they have and really need to do, then alternative
solutions might be able to be put forth.  I approached a school with
little success.  One of their advisors has a small business which sells
to them .. and yes, he is a Microsoft-only reseller.

ONe option might be to show what OpenAdmin offers that Rediker does not.
I cannot attest the case exists ... just pointing to an option that I
believe exists.  Enabling interactin between teachers and parents is
possibly the biggest help to a school from a socializing perspective.

Rich

--

GPG/PGP Key Id: 1B257AEC from pgp.mit.edu

Remember, all Windows machines are, by definition, fault tolerant.

              They run Windows don't they!!