Re: [school-discuss] listening centers and cassette tapes

Landmark audio  makes a PCI FM transmitter card that can be put in a PC's
expansion slot.  It will broadcast to any FM frequency in a 50 yard range.

http://www.landmarkfm.com/others.htm

An fm receiver/headphone would be needed to listen.

How much do the students need to interact with this?  Are they all listening
to the same audio track?  Are different groups listening to different tracks.

What about very cheap portable mp3 players? One for each student? Or they
could be played through a headphone splitter  Could students "navigate" the
controls.

lexar makes an mp3 player that stores its files on a removeable SD card. These
aren't cheap though.  I don't know if anyone else manufactures a player with
removeable media.  Instead of tapes could put individual files on separate sd
cards, A particular card could be put in the player.

http://www.lexar.com/mp3/index.html

They can be purchased without an SD card.  I'm guessing inexpensive low
capacity cards would be preferred.

How about inexpensive portable cd players - convert the tape to cd :) or mp3
on CD

Gord

--
Gordon J. Holtslander	/	Dept of Biology