Re: [school-discuss] Interview with Larry Cuban, Author of âOversold and Underused: Computers in the Classroomâ

On 9 Sep 2006 at 9:13, Steve Hargadon wrote:

> http://educationbridges.net/k12opensource/wp-content/uploads/
> LarryCuban.mp3
>
> The link above is to my EdTechLive.com interview with Larry Cuban,
> Emeritus Professor of Education at Stanford University, and the author
> of the 2001 book "Oversold and Underused: Computers in the Classroom."

At the other end of the spectrum is Dr. Seymour Papert the author
of "Mindstorms, Children, Computers, and Powerful Ideas" and creator
of the Logo programming language. He is currently involved in the
One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project.

There was some kind of idealogical difference between them:

http://www.papert.org/articles/school_reform.html

Anyway, Dr. Papert talked about his vision here:

SqueakFest '06 Schedule
July 19-21, 2006
Columbia College, Chicago

Thursday, July 20th