[school-discuss] Re: [IIEP] FLOSS & OER Wiki

Geoffrey Hulme wrote:
Dear Claude
Amateurs like me have nothing to contribute to technical discussion, but are you interested in the practical problems we meet? I have switched to open Office but when I email an attachment, my correspondents using Windows can't read it. What should I do?
Yours
Geoffrey Hulme

Frequently PDF is a more appropriate format than either MS Office or ODF. The exception would be documents that you actually want the receiver to edit. You might use RTF here.

MS Office seems to be receiving quite a bit of attention from the malware writers right now -- it's simply dangerous to open the documents.

--
Rob Rittenhouse
Computer Science Department