Re: [school-discuss] recommended distro of Linux for PIII/600 MHz older PCs

edubuntu.org, the *buntu community is fantastic, it will work well with that
class of machine, and has free updates for years to come.

 The Edubuntu Manifesto

The team behind Edubuntu makes the following public commitment to its users:

    * Edubuntu will always be free of charge, and there is no extra fee for
the "enterprise edition", we make our very best work available to everyone on
the same Free terms.
    * Edubuntu includes the very best in translations and accessibility
infrastructure that the Free Software community has to offer, to make
Edubuntu usable by as many people as possible.
    * Edubuntu is released regularly and predictably; a new release is made
every six months. You can use the current stable release or the current
development release. Each release is supported with security updates for at
least 18 months.
    * Edubuntu is entirely committed to the principles of free and open source
software development; we encourage people to use free and open source
software, improve it and pass it on.

--
Shane Coyle
Founder, EDU-Nix.org Project