Re: [school-discuss] So long windows... With some trepidation ...

Well, I had to nix the Ubuntu. My hardware simply was unable to handle it. Now I'm trying SimplyMepis 6. So far so good. I'm installing on some NCS laptops that are about 7 years old. I upgraded all of them to P3-750 and have memory of 192-256MB. Each has 2 usb ports, a firewire port, floppy, cdrom and 6gb hdd. They are originally manufactured by Kapok - probably the easiest to configure and get into notebook I've ever worked on. Will update again soon.

John Mitchell