Re: [school-discuss] So long windows

k12ltsp has the wonderful fl_TeacherTool that does exactly what you
want. The laptops could be easily converted to thin clients and could
run off a single dual-core server.

We did exactly this- convert Win laptops to K12LTSP thin clients at
Morris Brandon. Results: increased uptime, no malware, virus issues and
saved having to upgrade all the laptops which were 1 ghz PIIIs
struggling to run Win XP on 128 mb of RAM. The teachers and students
were very happy with the result.

Once, when some of the laptops booted back into Windows after a power
outage (if the server is slower to power up, the net boot fails over to
the hard drive), the kids asked us: "Where's the good screen?"

http://morrisbrandon.com/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=43

fl_TeacherTool home page:
http://www3.telus.net/public/robark/Fl_TeacherTool/

and, of course, k12ltsp.org