Re: [school-discuss] Ubuntu Studio

Marilyn,
I am very pleased to hear this! It is one thing to recommend a tool/distro here on the list, and another all together to hear that it is working and kids enjoy using it. You have made my day.

Chris Gregan
Open Source Consultant/Founder
Aptenix LLC Desktop Solutions
New Market MD 21774
cgregan@xxxxxxxxxxx
240-422-9224

"Open source, open minds."

This message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that the dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at either the fax address or telephone number above and delete this message. Thank you.

marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello everyone!

This is just a note to let you guys know that I am using Ubuntu Studio this
year.  I teach high school desktop publishing, computer animation,
webmastering, and multimedia.  We have had a month of school and the kids are
hot after it.  They are doing great work and are really turned on to the idea
that they can have this same software at home for no cost.

I also plan to use the Musix live CD for our sound work in multimedia class.

Linux is great.  Rock on!

Marilyn