[school-discuss] ClassXP Novell Server to Linux client working

My school district uses MS-Windows based SASIxp/Classxp for student
administration/record keeping software. This is served from a Novell server.

I've have been trying to get my teacher workstation running Linux to
successfully run the classroom xp client software using a combination of
ncpfs (Netware core protocol file system for Linux) and Wine to execute the
classxp.exe executable.

I'm happy to report that with the latest version of wine (0.9.45) release
September 14th, I'm now able to run classxp.exe perfectly. Performance is
excellent.

I'm now running my teacher computer under Linux nearly 100% of the time.

Happy Days :-).

Gary Frankenbery
Grants Pass High School
gfranken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx