    Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:20:04 -0700
    From: Bill Fitzgerald <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Open Source Management System for Conventions needed?
      To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is a version of this that already exists for Drupal -- see
http://drupal.org/project/cod and
http://groups.drupal.org/conference-organizing-distribution

It definitely needs some work, but this would be one way to accomplish
this and leverage existing development within a thriving OS community.

And with that said, there are a few other ways of accomplishing similar
goals within Drupal -- there are two ecommerce packages within Drupal,
and a few different ways of setting up event registration. The
ecommerce solutions have several options for processing online payments.

Cheers,

Bill

dhhoward@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Could do PTA auctions/fund raisers, including credit card swipes for purchases? Very expensive proprietary software is typically required for this nowadays.

Daniel

From: "Les R" <openadmin@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was any perceived need for an open source
system to manage a convention of some sort including online
registration for workshops and concurrent sessions, mailback
confirmations, various reports, admin interface, that sort of thing.

I have an existing system that I've used for several years, but was
wondering if it might be useful to others. I was considering helping
adapt this to the Ottawa Linux Symposium (OLS) but was wondering about
others...

Your views?

Les Richardson
Open Admin for Schools