[school-discuss] TIFF Kids digiPlaySpace

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: Sue Gollifer <sue.gollifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: isea-forum <isea-forum@xxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:17 AM
Subject: [ISEA Forum] Fwd: CALL FOR INTERACTIVE ARTWORKS | TIFF Kids digiPlaySpace Seeking Family-Friendly Interactive

Subject: CALL FOR INTERACTIVE ARTWORKS | TIFF Kids digiPlaySpace
Seeking Family-Friendly Interactive

Hello from the TIFF Kids International Film Festival in Toronto!

I'm writing on behalf of the TIFF Kids digiPlaySpace to announce our
2014 Call for Submissions: we are seeking FUN, FAMILY-FRIENDLY
INTERACTIVE ARTWORKS, GAMES and OTHER DIGITAL MEDIA EXPERIENCES for
our 2014 Festival!

Full details are listed on our Submissions page
(http://tiff.net/tiffkids/festival/dpssubmissions).

Please accept my sincere thanks for sharing this!

nick

Nick Pagee
Curator, TIFF Kids digiPlaySpace
Programmer, TIFF Kids International Film Festival
npagee@xxxxxxxx
416-533-3608

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS |Â TIFF Kids digiPlaySpace 2014: Interactive
Playground for Children and Families

TIFF Kids is one of the largest childrenâs film festivals in the
world. The TIFF Kids digiPlaySpaceâpresented during TIFF Kidsâis an
interactive playground experience planned to run six weeks from March
to April 2014. In 2013 over 12,000 family and student visitors ages
3-13 embarked on interactive adventures filled with laughter, learning
and engagement with media technologies, art installations,
learning-centric games, mobile apps, new creative tools and hands-on
production activities.

TIFF Kids is seeking FUN and EDUCATIONAL, FAMILY-FRIENDLY INTERACTIVE
ARTWORKS, GAMES and OTHER DIGITAL MEDIA EXPERIENCES for our 2014
Festival including but not limited to:

multi-user interactive projection pieces;
multi-player videogames and interactive play experiences (screen based
and non-screen-based);
moving image based digital creative tools, digital modeling
activities, interactive animation, stop-motion animation;
innovative media interfaces and/or interactions driven by gestural,
thought-controlled and other unconventional inputs (e.g. multi or
single user experiences enabled by LEAP Motion, Kinect, MYO, custom
sensors, etc);
VR (e.g. Oculus Rift), interactive holography, innovative or immersive
visualization experiences;
"DIY Maker" experiences, technologies and toys, robotics, creative
circuits, 3D printing / modeling, artistic and culturally minded
âInternet of Thingsâ applications, open source DIY fabrication etc
encouraging creation, invention and remixing etc;
activities related to web and digital literacy, "creative coding",
videogame making; (e.g. SCRATCH, Mozillaâs Hackasaurus, Processing,
Arduino etc);
augmented reality;
mobile apps (iOS).
The above are listed only as examples and are not intended to be
restrictive format criteria.

For more information please visit the TIFF Kids digiPlaySpace
Submissions Page (http://tiff.net/tiffkids/festival/dpssubmissions).
###