Re: [school-discuss] Linux distribution

On 9/5/13 12:14 AM, Marc Stephan Nkouly wrote:
Yeah it's a if everyone what to have their own
distro without taking in consideration what the
market needs. Actually am in Africa and am a great
fan of Linux i really wish to take many people who
have never used a computer to it, unfortunately i discovered that Linux guru don't care about
beginners for them is as if for you to use it u
should already know your way about it, now it
should not be a surprise that where am living very
few people have ever heard of Linux for those who
do they consider it as something too complicate for
the average man and that why for me it will be
difficult to see it in the main stream. On the
other hand i believe a Linux distro targeting the
world of Education will be great i know some people
will say there's EDUBUNTU but for me am not sure it
really answering the the demand of the educational
world. May be educators them selves should go and
created their own distibution ??? hope i had more
knowledge i would start one my self. Thanks

Hi,
Your mail surprises me.
> Yeah it's a if everyone what to have their own
> distro without taking in consideration what the
> market needs.

Market? Which market?

> Actually am in Africa...

Ok, I have been there

> ... and am a great
> fan of Linux

Heu... Listen to the market!

> i really wish to take many people who
> have never used a computer to it,

Let's suppose those people (who have never used a computer) listen to your ideas. Why should they?
Listen to the market!

> unfortunately i
> discovered that Linux guru don't care about
> beginners

This is not true, there are many good operating systems for beginners. Linux is just one of them. You just have to listen to your market and find the right one.

> now it
> should not be a surprise that where am living very
> few people have ever heard of Linux for those who
> do they consider it as something too complicate for
> the average man

Those people know and use Windows. They are trained n one OS ans suffer an addiction from which many people suffer, not only in Africa.

And guess who brought Windows to Africa?
We, Windows addicts. It's a sad story.

 some people
> will say there's EDUBUNTU but for me am not sure it
> really answering the the demand of the educational
> world.

You are so right.

> May be educators them selves should go and
> created their own distibution ??? hope i had more
> knowledge i would start one my self. Thanks

Hm... I wish you even more knowledge and hope you search for and find the OS for your market.
With amicable greetings,
Dirk

###