Re: [school-discuss] Tux Paint 0.9.23 is out!

Title: Email Signagture

Glad to hear it!  Looking forward to taking it for a test drive.

Christopher Whittum
M.Ed. Learning and Technology
Energize Education through Open Source
CDW Web Design

On 09/16/2018 01:43 AM, Bill Kendrick wrote:
Just a brief note for Tux Paint fans that 0.9.23 has finally been
released.  We sorted out some issues (which seemed to be at the
SDL_image library level?) that caused the previous version to not
work properly on Macs starting with OS X 10.11.  Knock on wood,
it'll continue working, once 10.14 comes out. :)

We've also added a color-picker 'pipette' tool, and some
stars to the 'shapes' tool.  (Life & work has kept me too busy
to do much more that's visible to the end user :) )

It's available as RPMs for RHEL 6 & 7 (Linux), as both an
installer ("setup.exe" style) and stand-alone 'portable' ZIP archive
for Windows XP, Vista, 2000, 8, 7, and 10, and as DMGs for Mac OS X 10.7
through macOS 10.13 (at least).

  http://www.tuxpaint.org/

Behind the scenes, the code was cleaned up a bit, we added some new
localizations, and updated many others.  Work has been going on,
external of the main code repo (Git over on SourceForge, these days)
to port Tux Paint to SDL 2, which has lead to a semi-official Android
port.  (There's also an unofficial Apple iOS port out there!)

PS - I finally created a Twitter account for Tux Paint (mostly
sharing & liking Tux Paint tweets by others ;-) )

  https://twitter.com/TuxPaintTweets

And there's been a Facebook page for a while now:

  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tux-Paint/20406115294

Enjoy!