SEUL: SEUL providing site+support for FreeHDL project

A few weeks ago the FreeHDL project lost its site, and since their
goals seem worthwhile we set them up with freehdl.seul.org on the SEUL
development server.  The FreeHDL project will (hopefully) help to attract
commercial vendors and users to the Linux environment by providing
commercial-grade engineering tools.  You can visit their site at
http://www.freehdl.seul.org.  I've included below a blurb from their
project leader.

In other news, we're finally getting our priorities straight and
working on some real documentation (including website) for what the
seul project is supposed to do. :) Expect an announcement re: new
website in a week or so.

FreeHDL blurb:
The goal of the FreeHDL project is to produce GPL'ed EDA (Electronic
Design Automation - applications used in the design of integrated
circuits) for Linux.  Specifically we want to produce a VHDL
compiler/simulator for Linux.  VHDL is a hardware description language
which is used to describe and specify the functionality of an electronic
system at a very high level.

In the past EDA apps ran almost entirely under UNIX. In recent years
WinNT has been making gains in the EDA world because of its perceived
cost advantages and perceived ease of use.  We feel that Linux is a
very good platform for EDA for several reasons and a much better
candidate than NT.  We hope that the FreeHDL project will help promote
Linux in the EDA arena as well as provide a set of useful engineering
tools on the Linux platform.

===
SEUL-Announce list, seul-announce-request@seul.org
===