Re: The cron problem and a solution

Sometimes I boot and walk around doing other things. Other times
I boot and need it to come up now. The same with shutdown. How about a
message at boot that says "It has been x days since housekeeping tasks
were
done. Would you like to do housekeeping now or later?" and a similar
message on shutdown. If you leave the computer on over night then it
does it then and you get "Housekeeping was done x hours ago. Your system
is very happy" when you shutdown or boot.
     This would be much easier to explain to my mom and her husband.
                                                        -Jeff