Re: HyperCard clone for Linux [Fwd: visual Tcl and educators]

Here's the reply I got from the author of vtcl:

Stewart Allen wrote:

> If you are willing to have your changes contributed back to the vtcl source
> base, I will open up my CVS repository so they can do live updating against
> the master sources. This spares me from having to fold your changes back in
> and means I can do more frequent distributions to the vtcl community.
>
> whaddya think?

So are there any Tcl programmers on this list who'd like to help me out on this?
I'm not up to it myself just yet and I'd like to see it get off the ground ASAP,
so please respond to the list with your pledge of undying efforts.

--
Doug Loss                 My sources are unreliable, but
Data Network Coordinator  their information is fascinating.

-- BEGIN included message

Doug,

At 11:50 AM 4/24/98 -0400, Doug Loss wrote:

>   I've come across a program called MetaCard that runs on Linux and looks
very
>much like HyperCard.  Unfortunately, the non-limited version costs at _least_
>$497.50.  What I'd like to do is try to convince some Tcl programmers (I'm
not
>one, but I'll try to get up to speed) to modify Visual Tcl to approximate the
>operation of MetaCard, as that user interface is one that most teachers would
>find familiar.  Would you mind that?  I'd like to have a GPLed program to
fill
>this function.  Thanks for your support.

-- END included message